The date was October 2017 when I first set foot on the beautiful island of Boracay. It is located in the municipality of Malay in the province of Aklan in the central part of the Philippines.
Boracay is best known for its white fine sand and clear blue water. Whether you are a beach lover or not, you’ll still mesmerize with its unique beauty and on its long stretch of powdery white sand. That’s the reason why it is considered as the top tourist destination in the country.
The travel to the island starts with an hour flight from Manila to Caticlan or Kalibo airport, as no direct flight to the island itself. In my case I took the flight from Manila to Kalibo Airport because from there I will meet my fiancé who travelled straight from South Korea.
From the airport, we took a van going to Caticlan Jetty Port where we hopped on a boat going straight to Boracay. The travel was a bit uncomfortable for us especially we had luggage.
From the port, we hired a tricycle going to the hotel we booked prior to our travel. We checked-in in Bulabog Beach which is best known for it’s kite surfing activities because the wind here blows just right. The month of our trip was off-peak season because it’s rainy season, so the island was not crowded that time. It’s just perfect for us who wants to relax and enjoy.
Here are the activities we did in the island:
- Enjoyed the fine sand, clear blue water and the Willy’s Rock at the White Beach
- Relaxed with the wind and watched the sunset at Bulabog Beach
- Explored the quieter area of Puka Shell Beach
- Experienced the Boracay ATV adventure
- Climbed the top view deck at Mt. Luho
- Visited the Dreamland Trick Art Museum
- Tried the henna tattoo and hair braiding while resting at the beachfront
- Shopped souvenirs at the D’Mall open air shopping mall
- Dined-in at the restaurants along the beach
Our short trip to Boracay was indeed a wonderful experienced though it was limited because of the not-so-good weather. I know there are more to explore and to experience in the island which we failed to do so.
Now I proved to myself why Boracay is one of the favorite destination of many locals and foreign tourists from different parts of the globe. I will definitely return to the paradise of Boracay someday to do what I’ve missed.